Marturii clienti Strasnic

 http://fromdilltodracula.com/feature-strasnic-handmade-iasi-romania/

{Feature} Straşnic Handmade – Iași, Romania


via Straşnic Handmade

Note: This post is long overdue, and I want to apologize to Straşnic Handmade for how long it has taken me to post this feature. 

Guys. GUYS. I am so excited to feature this company today. SO, SO, SO excited. I literally stumbled upon Straşnic Handmade on Twitter, and I’m so glad they slid into my feed. SO GLAD.

Firstly, if this blog doesn’t convey the point, I love Romania and all things Romanian. (Except for maybe communism. I’m not a huge fan of communism.) So, companies in Romania, that ship to the US, and create handmade goodies—I’m invested, you’ve just checked off a whole heck of my boxes.

Secondly, two words: Cutting boards. If you follow my personal account on Twitter, you’ll already know I have a problem. Case-in-point:

Clearly, I don’t need any more cutting boards, but part of that is largely in thanks to Straşnic Handmade. All the thanks.

Mulțumesc! Mulțumesc! Mulțumesc!

(That’s thank you in Romanian, if it wasn’t obvious.)

Anywho, putting two-and-two together, I found a Romanian company that produces the most beautiful, jaw-dropping, piece-of-artwork cutting boards I’ve ever laid eyes on. Me: 😍. I’m over the moon thrilled to share this lovely company and its products. I want each and every one of them. Seriously.

 ↓ Check out what arrived on my doorstep—just before Christmas (er… 2017…), no less!—in this beautiful packaging ↓

First things first: isn’t that packaging beautiful? It’s the whole… package… if you will. (Pun absolutely intended.) From the butcher paper to the wax seal, to the twine-wrapped letter, everything set the mood for what I was about to open. I loved it so much I ended up framing it, and that’s not even meant to be the product! But I’m a sucker for a well-rounded brand, and Straşnic Handmade nails the ambiance. Foarte bun! {Very good!}

The cutting board/serving tray I ordered was designed to look like none other than a butcher’s knife, and I’m here for it.

There’s no denying a butcher’s knife inspired its shape. Just imagine it covered in charcuterie—it’s a sure statement piece on any tablescape!

I mean look at that twine detail wrapped around the smooth, organic handle! Love!

But that’s not all!

When I reached out to Constantin about my love of all things Romania and cutting boards, he sent a bonus cutting board/serving platter, and it gives me serious Dracula vibes… and you’ll see why…


Kind of looks like a spear, or… you know… a stake, one that might be used to kill Dracula or for the one and only Vlad the Impaler to impale enemies. Either way, the smooth lines and sharp point make this one attractive cutting board/serving platter. I honestly can’t bring myself to use these as cutting boards and risk marking up the pristine surface with knife cuts, so these both have been exclusive service platters and kitchen decor. Time to zoom in on that detail:

Perfecţiune! {Perfection!}


Constantin has a lot of different cutting board and serving platter offerings on his website, and his Instagram is seriously to die for! I couldn’t recommend them more as unique gifts or additions to your own kitchen! Thank you so much to Constantin and Straşnic Handmade for their generosity and for making me one happy gal. (Wait—you don’t get as excited about cutting boards? Well, you should!)



And here’s a little more…

ABOUT STRAŞNIC HANDMADE


via Straşnic Handmade

Strașnic tells the unique and undiscovered history of nature in each of our one-of-a-kind serving platters. Over the years, our skilled craftsman, Constantin Toderău, has designed and fabricated many durable and extraordinary pieces that are deeply rooted in his interpretation of times long past. The beautiful images and grain patterns that are found on wood throughout its process journey, are as if painted by divine hands and understood only by mother nature.

In 2005, Constantin Toderău followed in his grandfather’s footsteps, and founded Strașnic: a workshop that retains the teachings from previous generations of craftsmen. The letter “S” that we imprint on all of our cutting boards symbolizes the connection between classic craftsmanship and the elements of modern design. By handcrafting our products we are able to retain the natural characteristics of the wood and to create a unique product.


via Straşnic Handmade

In a city rich in cultural aspects, Iasi represents a small group of craftsmen that carry on the fascinating and lively stories of woodworking. In my quest of learning how to work with wood, I managed to captivate the essence of classical woodworking and instill it into the Strasnic cutting boards. Serving dishes on wooden cutting boards represents the joy and candor of the Romanian heritage.

From my “small, crazy dream” intended to change the image of serving culinary dishes, returning to our roots, culture and wooden cutting boards, Strasnic was born.

CONNECT WITH STRAŞNIC HANDMADE



Comentarii